PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
This Policies statement was last updated on 15th May, 2015
MABEL BEAU(“we”,“our” or “us” “company”) is committed to respecting and protecting your personal data. This Personal Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) sets out the basis on which we collect, use, disclose, store and/or process your personal data. It applies to personal data in our possession or under our control and related MABEL BEAU associates/companies. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we handle it and how we can use it or how we might use in the future. By continuing to visit and use this website, you confirm that you understand and consent to the terms of our Policies.
COLLECTIONS OF DATA / INFORMATIONS
- We collect various types of personal data. As used in this Policy, “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we (and all our agents, affiliates, partners, subsidiaries and all relevant third parties mentioned in this Policy) have or are likely to have access. Personal data includes, without limitation, an individual’s name; address; telephone numbers; email addresses; date of birth; gender; nationality; marital status; passport number, date and place of issue; personal identification number; driver’s licence number and expiration; photographs and other audio-visual material; employment information; payment information; credit and debit card numbers; marketing preferences; preferred communication methods; and any other types of information that you choose to provide to us or that we may collect about you through your transactions with us and our affiliates, partners and subsidiaries.
- We may collect personal data by way of the information that you provide to us on our website or by any other means. Calls made to and from our customer service help desk may be recorded or monitored for the purposes of quality control and for staff training, and any personal data contained therein may be collected. We may also collect personal data from our business partners and other independent third party sources, for example, with regard to your updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and demographic information.
COOKIES AND OTHER WEBSITE FUNCTIONALITIES
- We may automatically collect the following information about you in connection with your visit(s) to our websites:
technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) visited; date and time of visit; products or services you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page-interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- During your browsing our website, we may assign your computer (or any other device) with cookies (which are small text files created on your computer or device), Local Shared Objects (also known as flash cookies, which can store data more complex than simple text) and Web Beacons (collectively, “Cookies”). By accessing our website, you agree that we can place Cookies on your computer or device or any similar terms which related to storing cookies.
- You have the option of adjusting your browser settings to restrict or limit the use of various Cookies. However, if you choose to do so, you may be unable to access various travel services and planning tools and the functionality of the website and your user experience may be affected or might be change.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
- Company currently use and/or Maybe in the future use your personal data for any purpose not prohibited by applicable law. This includes, but is not limited to, the following purposes:
- to verify your identity;
- to complete travel bookings and to provide you with other products and services you request;
- to provide you with travel confirmations, notifications and updates;
- to manage your account;
- to communicate with you and to process and respond to your questions and comments;
- to provide you with personalized content on our website;
- to evaluate and improve the quality and content of our products, services and website;
- to notify you by email or post about special offers, products and services that may be of interest to you;
- to reward you as part of your participation in any reward or recognition program;
- to resolve disputes, collect fees, or troubleshoot problems;
- to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- to process and evaluate job applications that you may send to us;
- for the purposes of media coverage, marketing and business development;
- to comply with a court order or other legal process or other statutory and/or regulatory requirements of any governmental and/or regulatory authorities;
- in exceptional circumstances, such as a national emergency, security concern, or other situation in which we in our sole discretion deem to be prudent; and
- any other purpose permitted by applicable law, or as may be described to you from time to time at the point of collection of your personal data.
SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
- Company may share your personal data with and among other agents,affiliates, partners and subsidiaries, or with unaffiliated third parties including our third-party service providers and the relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Malaysia or others countries for the aforementioned Purposes.
- Company may sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- Our website may contain links to third party websites, which are not controlled by us and which are not covered by this Policies. You agree/ agreed that we are not responsible for any collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data by any such third parties. We recommend you examine the privacy statements posted on these third party websites to understand their procedures for collecting, using and disclosing personal data.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE MALAYSIA
- In situations where we transfer your personal data to countries outside of Malaysia, we will take steps to make sure that appropriate levels of protection necessary to maintain the security and integrity of your personal data are in place.
- If you are under 15 years old, we do not collect, use or disclose your personal data directly from you, nor are you permitted to set up an account with us. Please ensure that your parent or legal guardian provide your personal data to us on your behalf.
- In case you are a parent or legal guardian of someone under 15 years old who has provided us personal data without your knowledge and/or consent, you may request that we remove this information by contacting our Data Protection Officer the address indicated below.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
- If you do not want your personal data to be collected, used, and/or disclosed by us in the aforementioned manner, you may withdraw your consent by writing to our Data Protection Officer at the address indicated below by email or letter/mail. Please note that we may not be able to continue to provide you with products or services, in the event that you choose to withdraw your consent.
ACCESS TO AND UPDATE/EDIT OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- You can access and update/edit some of your personal details and contact information by visiting the “My Profiles” page on this website. If you wish to access or correct any of your personal data that is not displayed in your account, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the address indicated below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Personal data may be retained by us for as long as the purpose for which the personal data was collected continues, or if the retention is necessary for our legal or business purposes, even in circumstances where you have closed your account with us, or have ceased to be a customer or client of ours. We will cease to retain personal data once we have no reason for doing so.
- We take reasonable steps and have implemented technical, security, procedural and other measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
CHANGES TO POLICY /POLICIES
- We may update this Policy/Policies from time to time without prior notice by posting a new version on this website. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are familiar with any changes.
- Your continued use of our website and continued dealings with us for the provision of our products and services, after any changes to this Policy has been made, constitutes your acceptance to such changes.
- If you have any questions in relation to how your personal data is handled by us, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com